To bypass geographically restricted content is how GeoByPass charms many computer users. Thus, a number of them were tricked into downloading and using this tool. In contrary, computer security experts state that GeoByPass is one program that you should avoid. Aside from being linked to various adware activities, this tool also made changes on the computer without user’s approval.
GeoByPass may appear as a tool to help you access restricted content and unblock websites and video streaming services online. In fact, with it claims to have a simple, safe, and fast DNS service which allows user to access favorite contents without any restrictions. Most of all, GeoByPass is offered without a cost.
Techniques such as bundling and pay-per-install are ways how adware authors were able to spread GeoByPass. So far, this is the most effective way to distribute potentially unwanted program. Download managers and software distribution networks are in-charge of spreading freeware that is packed with adware.
Once running on the computer, GeoByPass changes on the browser are almost unseen to most users. It discretely loads a number of add-on and extension that will be the origin of various problems. Your privacy is also at risk during the presence of GeoByPass. It monitors browsing habit that includes logging of your visited web sites, keywords used, and your area of interests.
Do not believe that GeoByPass is true to its claims that it will allow you to bypass blocked contents. Its actions when installed on the computer exhibits a very negative outcome.
Online Security Scanner Report for geobypass.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 10, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 10, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 10, 2016|
How to Remove GeoByPass
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall GeoByPass
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove GeoByPass entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to GeoByPass. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove GeoByPass Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted GeoByPass from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of GeoByPass on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove GeoByPass
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with GeoByPass. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from GeoByPass. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed GeoByPass extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to GeoByPass.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. GeoByPass should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by GeoByPass and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On October 11, 2016