GamesCollection New Tab is a Google Chrome extension claiming to give user better online experience. It offers quick access to free online games and asserts as best tool to search the web. However, before one can fully make use of this program, it needs to replace homepage, new tab, and default search settings. These required changes on the browser are clearly stated on Chrome Web Store page of GamesCollection New Tab.
After installing the extension, homepage will have a new layout. Added on the toolbar is a small icon that when clicked will open a GamesCollection New Tab window. The program also affix shortcut links to popular websites and most visited pages to give user one-click access. Also included on the page are calendar, weather update, and local trending news.
GamesCollection New Tab is very much alike to most internet browser extensions that are capable of overriding homepage settings in order to gain the full benefit. Unknown to user, this alteration aims to generate online profit for its creators. After customizing homepage and search outcome of Google Chrome browser, GamesCollection New Tab is gearing up to display paid advertisements in the form of homepage links and paid links incorporated to search results pages.
The program is not as harmful as computer virus even though it commits unwanted changes on the browser. However, in our own opinion, it is better to explore the web without GamesCollection New Tab extension. Apart from browser modification; it may also collect data from the browser that can be risky to your private online information.
How to Remove GamesCollection New Tab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall GamesCollection New Tab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove GamesCollection New Tab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to GamesCollection New Tab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted GamesCollection New Tab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of GamesCollection New Tab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove GamesCollection New Tab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove GamesCollection New Tab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete GamesCollection New Tab by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of GamesCollection New Tab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from GamesCollection New Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by GamesCollection New Tab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.