FullTab is endorsed as Google Chrome extension that is fully functional to quickly find movies, TV shows, and social media contents online. It is also titled as FullTab Direct Search or FullTab DS when fully installed as Toolbar and New tab on Chrome browser.
Initially, FullTab may appear like a useful tool especially if user is not familiar with its origin. This adware is from Imali Media family, which made several dubious programs including NewTabTV (Coolness), MyStartab, and many others. In the case of FullTab, effects on the computer are very similar to most variants. This adware integrates a number of features on the browser, overriding user’s default settings.
FullTab is added as browser extension. This code is the reason why ads by FullTab keeps appearing on your browser program each time you are surfing the net. Malicious extension is also the basis for browser redirect and certain irregularities on the browser. Most of all, the adware is successful in occupying the home page and changing the default search tool because of this suspicious extension. Full effect of FullTab will cause your browser to start with the following new tab and start-up page:
We can assume that the main objective of FullTab is to gain online revenue. The program is free and will not cost user any money in having it. However, this adware has this intention of displaying countless advertisements on the browser. Ads by Fulltab is the main source of profit and is highly anticipated by its developer.
In addition, authors of this PUP aim to partially control ad display onto your browser. It will monitor your search queries and websites frequently visits. As you can see, FullTab is somehow a threat to your online privacy, thus, we highly suggest that you remove this thing from your browser.
Online Security Scanner Report for fulltab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Nov. 05, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 05, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 05, 2016|
How to Remove FullTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall FullTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove FullTab or ClientConnect entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to FullTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted FullTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of FullTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove FullTab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove FullTab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete FullTab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of FullTab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from FullTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by FullTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On November 5, 2016