FoxSales is an adware or also called potentially unwanted program (PUP). Software like this will get inside the PC without taking permission from rightful user. FoxSales arrives as part of another adware or freeware. It is packed to different programs that you may acquire from various locations. Keep in mind that not only malicious sites are offering FoxSales adware. You can even obtain this unwanted application from legitimate sites that hosts freeware.
Once FoxSales is run, it will install itself on the PC. Add-on, extension, and plug-in will also be injected into the browser. It targets known software like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Installation of FoxSales is kept hidden from user. It loads in sync of the main program you wish to install. Even anti-virus software may not detect the infiltration of FoxSales because it is not actually a virus.
In general, FoxSales is an ad-driven program. It intends to generate online revenue through ads shown on victim’s browser. It is technically malicious due to codes and scripts it will embed on the browser in order to carry out the task of injecting ads into browser. Furthremore, FoxSales may monitor user’s browsing habit and gather sensitive data from the PC.
It is vital to remove FoxSales adware before it can add harm to the computer. Complete procedure is including on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for foxsales.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 16, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 16, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Oct. 16, 2014|
How to Remove FoxSales Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall FoxSales
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove FoxSales entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to FoxSales. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted FoxSales from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of FoxSales on the affected browser.