“Your FLV Player is ready to Download” may look like a legitimate and official page of a known program but in reality, this is a bogus site trying to mislead computer users. It hosts fake multimedia player that when installed on the computer will add other unwanted program. You must know that “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” was made to spread adware and potentially unwanted program.
When your browser is redirected to “Your FLV Player is ready to Download”, or pop-up appears as you surf the web, it may mean that your PC is compromised with malicious code. In contrary, your PC may be clean and the appearance of “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” pop-ups was just caused by an infected web site you have visited. Bear in mind that this site is malicious. Thus, you must avoid it to keep your computer safe and away from adware or malware threats.
If “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” files are executed, you may instantly acquire unwanted codes that may cause changes on the computer. Moreover, add-ons and extensions brought by this site can do modifications on the browser that causes pop-up ads, redirects, home page hijacking, and other unsolicited actions.
In order to prevent “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” attack, you must take extra caution when visiting web sites particularly unknown ones. As much as possible, avoid downloading unfamiliar freeware or shareware that are commonly the carrier or adware and other malicious programs.
To completely remove “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” adware and stop the pop-up ads, you may have to scan the PC with legitimate security tools and virus removers. Removing any relevant software also helps eliminate unwanted items on the computer.
“Your FLV Player is ready to Download” Removal Guide
Stage 1: Remove Rootkit and Virus from the Computer
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit as well as malware that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link provided. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
– Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installations has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
– Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Your FLV Player is ready to Download”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Adware Add-on linked to “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (this will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with “Your FLV Player is ready to Download”. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from “Your FLV Player is ready to Download”. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to “Your FLV Player is ready to Download”.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by “Your FLV Player is ready to Download” and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.