After several diagnostics, we noticed that FixIt program is bundled with some adware. This can be dangerous when run and installed on the computer. FixIt may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this technique to spread software is often seen on malicious products. Harmful files attached to FixIt may not be as hazardous as computer virus or malware. Somehow, they may endanger the privacy of user and causes security risks.
FixIt is offered as a tool that can do many things like solve issues, data backup, clean registry, diagnose problems, and optimized the computer for better performance. It scans the computer and helps you free-up spaces by deleting clutters. It could be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. FixIt is ad-supported software. One of its objectives is to display advertisements on your browser in order to generate online revenue. This is the reason why some software are offered free of charge. Their goal is to earn via ads and other online marketing scheme.
To display targeted and attractive advertisements, FixIt is employing a code that watches how user surf the web. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to buy online. FixIt is also capable of collecting sensitive data and personal information.
Commonly, users who utilize FixIt have experiences not only pop-up ads. This potentially unwanted program also causes browser redirect and hijacking. One more purpose of FixIt is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. As a whole, these activities are essential for online advertising venture by FixIt.
Stop all annoyances coming from FixIt and relevant adware. This program needs to be eliminated. Below are guides to help you get rid of this adware for good. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of FixIt.
Online Security Scanner Report for fixit-soft.net:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 06, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 06, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 06, 2016|
How to Remove FixIt – System Fix
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall FixIt from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select FixIt from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds FixIt and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for FixIt ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for FixIt . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all FixIt entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that FixIt have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.