After several diagnostics, we noticed that FixIt program is bundled with some adware. This can be dangerous when run and installed on the computer. FixIt may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this technique to spread software is often seen on malicious products. Harmful files attached to FixIt may not be as hazardous as computer virus or malware. Somehow, they may endanger the privacy of user and causes security risks.
FixIt is offered as a tool that can do many things like solve issues, data backup, clean registry, diagnose problems, and optimized the computer for better performance. It scans the computer and helps you free-up spaces by deleting clutters. It could be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. FixIt is ad-supported software. One of its objectives is to display advertisements on your browser in order to generate online revenue. This is the reason why some software are offered free of charge. Their goal is to earn via ads and other online marketing scheme.
To display targeted and attractive advertisements, FixIt is employing a code that watches how user surf the web. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to buy online. FixIt is also capable of collecting sensitive data and personal information.
Commonly, users who utilize FixIt have experiences not only pop-up ads. This potentially unwanted program also causes browser redirect and hijacking. One more purpose of FixIt is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. As a whole, these activities are essential for online advertising venture by FixIt.
Stop all annoyances coming from FixIt and relevant adware. This program needs to be eliminated. Below are guides to help you get rid of this adware for good. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of FixIt.
FixIt Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like FixIt through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like FixIt, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete FixIt rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of FixIt
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for FixIt and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall FixIt from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select FixIt from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove FixIt unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds FixIt and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of FixIt using Anti-malware Program
To remove FixIt automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like FixIt that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to FixIt.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
1 thought on “Remove FixIt – Malware Removal”
I used Iobit’s Powerful Uninstaller, followed by Malware Bytes Anti Malware. I ran it one more time after a reboot just to be sure things were gone, and it was fine. Malware Bytes has a very good list and is almost too strict. Norton, McAfee, and now even AVG are almost jokes to use; I wouldn’t suggest them.