Fix PC is considered a rogue security and optimization program. Most of its installation on the computer is accomplished by using the deceptive approach where multiple pop-up ads promote Fix PC as a valuable computer performance booster. In some cases, the ads are disguised as a legitimate system alert proclaiming that multiple issues have been identified on the computer. It requests immediate correction by persuading users to run an online scan which will install Fix PC locally.
Fix PC Cleaner deceitful tactics
After the complete configuration procedure and once Fix PC is active on the computer, users may experience the same misleading pop-up warnings stating that hazards and problems are categorized. This time the deceptive tactics are produced locally and the pop-ups are in fact displayed on the Windows screen. Unfortunately, Fix PC created this false alert with the sole purpose of inducing computer users to purchase the full version of the marketed application. The popup and warning will continue to flood the screen until the computer user decides to upgrade Fix PC to a registered or paid version.
Remember that rogue tools use alarmist tactics to sell a copy of the unwanted program. Almost all of them claim their goal is to keep your computer clean and run it as new again after running the scan. In particular, Fix PC claims that it checks the entire computer to clean up unwanted files, accelerate the computer and improve its performance. As a result, the actual function remains questionable and there is in fact no legitimate positive assessment regarding Fix PC.
Get rid of Fix PC Cleaner
Most computer users who unintentionally install the rogue tool complain about the difficulty of deleting the program. Some users claim that any attempt to remove them leads to the registration website, which is in fact the payment processor for buying the so-called full working version. To facilitate the efficient removal of Fix PC, we have described the complete steps below as well as the free and valid antivirus and anti-malware tools.
Fix PC Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Uninstall Fix PC from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Fix PC from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Step 2 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Fix PC and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 3 : Double-check for leftover of Fix PC using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Fix PC . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message "This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product." You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Fix PC entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Fix PC have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Step 4 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Fix PC automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Fix PC that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Fix PC.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.