Fix PC is considered a rogue security and optimization program. Most of its installation on the computer is accomplished by using the deceptive approach where multiple pop-up ads promote Fix PC as a valuable computer performance booster. In some cases, the ads are disguised as a legitimate system alert proclaiming that multiple issues have been identified on the computer. It requests immediate correction by persuading users to run an online scan which will install Fix PC locally.
Fix PC Cleaner deceitful tactics
After the complete configuration procedure and once Fix PC is active on the computer, users may experience the same misleading pop-up warnings stating that hazards and problems are categorized. This time the deceptive tactics are produced locally and the pop-ups are in fact displayed on the Windows screen. Unfortunately, Fix PC created this false alert with the sole purpose of inducing computer users to purchase the full version of the marketed application. The popup and warning will continue to flood the screen until the computer user decides to upgrade Fix PC to a registered or paid version.
Remember that rogue tools use alarmist tactics to sell a copy of the unwanted program. Almost all of them claim their goal is to keep your computer clean and run it as new again after running the scan. In particular, Fix PC claims that it checks the entire computer to clean up unwanted files, accelerate the computer and improve its performance. As a result, the actual function remains questionable and there is in fact no legitimate positive assessment regarding Fix PC.
Get rid of Fix PC Cleaner
Most computer users who unintentionally install the rogue tool complain about the difficulty of deleting the program. Some users claim that any attempt to remove them leads to the registration website, which is in fact the payment processor for buying the so-called full working version. To facilitate the efficient removal of Fix PC, we have described the complete steps below as well as the free and valid antivirus and anti-malware tools.
Fix PC Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Fix PC through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Fix PC, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Fix PC rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Fix PC
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Fix PC and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Fix PC from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Fix PC from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Fix PC unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Fix PC and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Fix PC using Anti-malware Program
To remove Fix PC automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Fix PC that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Fix PC.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.