Filteligent is supposedly an optimization tool for Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. However, with the aggressive method it has exhibited to enter one’s computer, many conceived it as potentially unwanted program. Filteligent comes into the computer uninvited through freeware and shareware. People behind this adware are taking advantages of ‘Pay-per-install’ scheme initiated by some developers. With this system, freeware authors can bundle any programs into the distribution of the product for a particular price.
Once user installs freeware, they usually have no idea that Filteligent will also be injected into the system. Moreover, antivirus programs will not react into these because Filteligent is not identified as virus. Even security expert agrees that malicious program such as this fits the category of Adware.
Other ways to deploy Filteligent is through malicious links that you may receive from spam email messages. In addition, you must also beware of links that you may receive from social media sites and any online movie sites.
Presence of Filteligent causes severe annoyances for end users. It modifies the browser so that it can issue excessive advertising module like pop-up ads and banners. Alteration of this adware can also root to browser redirects that may deliver malicious pages on your computer.
As discussed, the adware installs quickly easily on the browser. However, if you wish to remove it, adware authors’ devices a technique to make the process complicated. It is using random name as add-on or extension to mislead you.
Online Security Scanner Report for browserenhance.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
How to Remove Filteligent Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Filteligent
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Filteligent, WebPick, SavveNewaAppuz entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Filteligent. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Filteligent from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Filteligent on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 13, 2014