Filmaddicted.com is a website that utilizes unwanted extension to modify existing internet browser settings. This action will permanently hijack homepage to show Filmaddicted.com as the default search engine. In fact, the adware have already replaced user’s preferences without their knowledge. It was carried out secretly right after Filmaddicted.com extension gained an access to computer.
Once freeware or shareware carrying Filmaddicted.com is installed, the program will initiate the loading of adware in the background. It performs immediate modification on your Google Chrome browser. The changes not only affect homepage and search settings, more perilous are its ability to track your online browsing activities, records search inquiries, and logs websites you frequently visit.
In addition, browser with occurrences of Filmaddicted.com may also go through various redirects and too much display of pop-up ads like banners and full-page endorsements. Authors of this adware aim to monetize their creation via this annoying scheme.
As mentioned, Filmaddicted.com may come with questionable third-party programs. Therefore, you must also pay attention to recently installed software especially if the developer is doubtful. Filmaddicted.com may not be the only adware dropped by this dubious freeware. There may be other adware on the computer that causes redirects, excessive display of advertisements, and stealing sensitive data from your PC.
To make sure that you will totally remove Filmaddicted.com and other malicious objects from the computer, we have made a simple yet effective guide on this page. Scan the system with efficient anti-malware and anti-virus tools to locate and delete hidden entities linked to adware. Make sure to carry out the procedures in exact manner to ensure successful removal of Filmaddicted.com and all relevant unwanted programs.
Online Security Scanner Report for film-addicted.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Jan. 15, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Jan. 15, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Jan. 15, 2017|
How to Remove Filmaddicted.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Filmaddicted.com
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove FilmAddicted entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Filmaddicted.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Filmaddicted.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Filmaddicted.com on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Filmaddicted.com from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Filmaddicted.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Filmaddicted.com by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Filmaddicted.com removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Filmaddicted.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Filmaddicted.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.