Another suspicious browser extension that promotes search tool called Search.fileconvertermaster.com is named File Converter Master. It is unsafe to utilize this search engine due to certain reports that it redirects searches to malicious websites that causes further adware infection. Moreover, File Converter Master installation package is riddled with a number of malicious software. Therefore, it is highly suggested to avoid installing freeware and shareware that promotes the this adware and all products from the same group including Maps Online Pro and News Flash.
For user’s safety and protection against malware, security experts suggest avoiding any programs from questionable websites. If possible, download needed application only from legitimate and trusted sources. Official websites are the most reliable host to obtain desirable software.
Malicious freeware and third party applications are the common channel currently utilized by adware makers to spread their product. This scheme is commonly called software bundles. Though, not all software bundles have malicious code in it. File Converter Master and similar homepage hijacker are normally packed to suspicious free games, tool, utilities, media, player, and other freeware that are promoted using intrusive pop-up advertisements and browser redirect.
After successful installation of the dubious freeware, it loads a browser extension that aims to dominate internet programs like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, and Safari. File Converter Master will be the new layout for homepage and new tab. As stated, it will override settings with Search.fileconvertermaster.com or Tab.fileconvertermaster.com. Every search input of users is redirected to File Converter Master with malicious intent. Adware makers can collect online information from computer users through this anticipated online transmission of data.
Normally, search hijackers causes troubles and is a risk to ones online privacy. Thus, we highly recommend removing File Converter Master from the computer as soon as possible. Complete guide is posted on this page including effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
File Converter Master Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to File Converter Master.
Remove File Converter Master Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find File Converter Master or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall File Converter Master Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to File Converter Master and remove it from the browser.
Delete File Converter Master Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select File Converter Master or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Fileconvertermaster.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove File Converter Master Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of File Converter Master from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If File Converter Master is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select File Converter Master or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to File Converter Master.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 3: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of File Converter Master on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by File Converter Master.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to File Converter Master.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Post Last Modified On September 28, 2019