FeedBack Version 1.0 is a questionable and harsh program that specifically targets Macintosh systems. It was designed and offered as valuable tool claiming to enhance user’s online browsing experience. What many Mac users do not know is that FeedBack Version 1.0 app can do so many annoying things and one is to assign an unnecessary search page on Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. This makes it a browser hijacker. Mac security enthusiast also dubbed FeedBack Version 1.0 as potentially unwanted program (PUP). According to them, the intrusive scheme it applies to penetrate a computer is very similar to virus infection.
In most instances, FeedBack Version 1.0 reach random Mac users through malicious advertisement that suddenly pop-ups on the browser when visiting dubious websites. These ads may project a page as software update or one that is offering a valuable software to influence users in downloading and installing it on their Mac system. Careless web users who are unfamiliar with these misleading tactics often become victims of malicious application like FeedBack Version 1.0 and variants as NameSync, SimpleProExtension, and many more. Not even anti-virus programs will be able to help users in blocking this PUP from sneaking onto the compute because FeedBack Version 1.0 is not a virus in the first place.
As stated, the questionable Mac software is an unwanted program with limited capabilities of infringing internet application settings. Its arrival on Mac computer concerns the modification of homepage, start-up page, and default search tool. FeedBack Version 1.0 also activates monitoring module that allows its makers to collect various information from user’s browsing activities.
Even though FeedBack Version 1.0 causes minimal damage on initial attack, its redirect functions may land the browser to malicious web pages that can initiate the download and installation of more PUP, Adware, or Malware. Therefore, do not permit FeedBack Version 1.0 to stay on the browser. Immediate removal is highly recommended to safeguard Mac computer against other threats.
Procedures to Remove FeedBack Version 1.0 from Mac
This area contains comprehensive procedures to help you remove adware and potentially unwanted program from the computer.
Guide on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of adware like FeedBack Version 1.0. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing FeedBack Version 1.0.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Delete FeedBack Version 1.0 from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find FeedBack Version 1.0 or any unwanted program.
4. Drag FeedBack Version 1.0 to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to FeedBack Version 1.0
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located FeedBack Version 1.0, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed FeedBack Version 1.0
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
- com.FeedBack Version 1.0
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. Attackers may masks the actual name with following:
- PathBrand, AssistEngine
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing FeedBack Version 1.0 to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
10. Lastly, go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
- PathBrand, AssistEngine
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to FeedBack Version 1.0 adware.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including FeedBack Version 1.0.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, FeedBack Version 1.0 is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Remove FeedBack Version 1.0 from Homepage and Search
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
- Under General tab, navigate to Default Search Engine section and select Google or any valid search engine.
- Next, be sure that "New Windows Open With" field is set to Homepage.
- Lastly, remove FeedBack Version 1.0 from the Homepage field. Replace it with your preferred URL to be set as your default homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
- Look for 'On Startup' area.
- Select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'.
- Click on More Actions and select Edit.
- Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing FeedBack Version 1.0. Click Save.
- To set default search engine, go to Search Engine area.
- Click on 'Manage search engines...' button.
- Go to questionable Search Engine. Click on More Actions and Click 'Remove from list'.
- Go back to Search Engine area and choose valid entry from Search engine used in the address bar.
- Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
- On Startup area, select 'Show your home page' under 'When Firefox starts' field.
- Under Home Page field, type the desired URL to replace FeedBack Version 1.0 settings.
- To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
- Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
- On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by FeedBack Version 1.0. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select FeedBack Version 1.0 or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with FeedBack Version 1.0.