Fastermac.world is a questionable website that is known to be utilizes by developers of MacKeeper. As the domain name suggest, the site is endorsing an application that claims to optimize Mac systems that yields to faster operation.
Computer security professionals reveals that Fastermac.world is just one of the dozens of domains that were made to spread the suspicious application. Web users commonly ended up on Fastermac.world if they pay a visit to malicious web sites and aggressive pages. On some instances, Fastermac.world’s disturbance on the browser is caused by local adware that may be residing on internet software like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. If this is the case, removal of dubious applet or extension is necessary to stop Fastermac.world pop-ups and redirect issue.
Remember that the subject is the base domain; browsers may display variation URL of this site, which includes app4.fastermac.world, app6.fastermac.world/landings, and so on. These sites or technically called landing pages can launch during browser start-up or opening new tab window. As soon as the web page loads on the browser, it attempts to offer the said malicious system optimizer and security tool, or it could redirect the page to another site with similar objective.
Clearly, the purpose for having countless websites to is to easily and widely deploy the questionable software. Fastermac.world in particular offers attractive benefits that intend to entice visitors and have them install MacKeeper eventually.
Stay away from compelling websites like Fastermac.world. If case that browser is infected by an adware, immediately execute the removal steps below.
Procedures to Remove Fastermac.world from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Fastermac.world. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Fastermac.world.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Fastermac.world
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Fastermac.world or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Fastermac.world.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Fastermac.world is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Fastermac.world Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Fastermac.world during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Fastermac.world.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Fastermac.world or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Fastermac.world. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Fastermac.world or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Fastermac.world.