Fast Seek is a Google Chrome extension that claims to enhance online browsing experience of users. Unfortunately, this program belongs to adware family that is promoting an unwanted tool called Smart Search. Fast Seek can manipulate Chrome browser if extension is fully installed. Unfortunately, most users are not aware that they can voluntarily load this adware by downloading and installing relevant freeware like games, utilities, media player, or bogus Adobe update.
During installation of suspicious freeware, Fast Seek also unloads its data in the background, unseen by computer users. Its aim is to integrate extension to Google Chrome so that it can have complete authority on browser’s homepage, new tab, and search engine. Fast Seek may also load browser helper object so that it starts during Google Chrome start-up. It can also configure the browser so that user can have complex way of restoring the settings to previous normal working state.
Because of Fast Seek’s intrusive traits and its sudden appearance on the computer, some victims deemed its emergence as part of virus activity. Technically, Fast Seek is not a computer virus. It is categorized as potentially unwanted program (PUP) with primary objective of gaining online revenue through advertisements it keeps on displaying while active on the browser.
One sure way to restore Google Chrome browser and get rid of Fast Seek is to run an anti-malware and anti-virus scan on the affected computer. Provided on this page are free tools that can take out the adware in the most convenient way.
Online Security Scanner Report for fast-seek.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
How to Remove Fast Seek
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Fast Seek from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Fast Seek from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Fast Seek persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Fast Seek from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Fast Seek by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Fast Seek removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Fast Seek. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Fast Seek. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Fast Seek
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Fast Seek entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Fast Seek.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Fast Seek and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Fast Seek. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Post Last Modified On November 13, 2018