Windows Prime Accelerator is a clone to some fake antivirus program that was released by the same malware authors previously including Windows Prime Booster and Windows Prime Shield. This rogue security software carries out fraud that consists in showing fake alerts and warning messages on user’s computer. Fake scan conducted by Windows Prime Accelerator likely have the same purpose of making you believe that PC is compromised with viruses, Trojans, worms, and malware. This is a common technique used by rogue program developers to convince immature computer users that purchasing the Windows Prime Accelerator registration key may help solve the issue.
There are a number of ways how Windows Prime Accelerator malware is distributed, mainly over the Internet. The code may disguise as a needed program when you visit online movie sites. Instead of a player or decoder, the site will download and install Windows Prime Accelerator onto your computer. There are also certain ‘attack’ web sites put up by malware authors in which your browser may be redirected. They will find security flaws on Internet browsers to accomplish the redirect. Social networking sites, spam emails, and file-sharing tools are also some channels used to deploy Windows Prime Accelerator virus.
Once the malware is installed, you will notice changes on the computer. Virus scans and warning messages constantly pop-ups on the screen. Most programs you try to run will be blocked by Windows Prime Accelerator and state that the .EXE file is infected with virus. Internet browsing is similarly affected by preventing you from visiting security web sites.
When you observe that Windows Prime Accelerator is present on the computer, you have no other option but to remove this virus. Otherwise, it may further bring harm and conflict on the infected system.
How to Remove Windows Prime Accelerator
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows Prime Accelerator, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows Prime Accelerator, click on Activate Ultimate Protection at the top of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows Prime Accelerator Registration Key: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows Prime Accelerator and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows Prime Accelerator’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows Prime Accelerator. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows Prime Accelerator entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows Prime Accelerator have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.