eSpeedMovie Search is a Google Chrome browser extension that claims to provide quick access to movie related content right at the address bar. The program states that users are a click away from hottest news in the movie world if eSpeedMovie Search extension is incorporated to browser programs. The latter is served at espeedcheck.com. A website that is infamous for hosting bunch of similar applications asserting to be worthy to install on Google Chrome applications.
While utilizing the tool, it is observed that it was made to promote the independent lead web site. Using Google Chrome’s address bar to search for movie title leads to so-called ultimate movie and TV database of Gomovix.com. Technically, eSpeedMovie Search was made as internet traffic provider to popularize the said website. All this browser extension does is to convince user of having broader sources when searching for movie, but eventually their efforts will end up on diminutive and least favorable website.
Another inherited tactics of adware like eSpeedMovie Search is the ability to scrutinize web users browsing activities. Not nearly all computer users are aware that adware was not made as an online moneymaker alone. Its rages are not limited in displaying pop-up ads and redirects. It is more daunting to learn that eSpeedMovie Search is capable of collecting vital data from the browser consisting of search keywords, favorite websites, and personal identifiable information.
After learning that eSpeedMovie Search is an adware that causes risks to ones online privacy and security, there is no reason to let it stay on the browser even for a minute. Execute the procedures below and most importantly; scan the computer with suggested tools to hunt for bad objects that are linked to eSpeedMovie Search.
eSpeedMovie Search Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove eSpeedMovie Search from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove eSpeedMovie Search from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If eSpeedMovie Search persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove eSpeedMovie Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete eSpeedMovie Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of eSpeedMovie Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from eSpeedMovie Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by eSpeedMovie Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall eSpeedMovie Search
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove eSpeedMovie Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to eSpeedMovie Search.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including eSpeedMovie Search and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to eSpeedMovie Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.