eSpeedGames Start is a dubious browser extension that asserts to give user free access to unlimited online games. As stated on its official website, eSpeedGames Start user may be able to play over 1,000 free online games. However, upon diagnosis, there is no visible sign of added gaming feature. Only visible adjustments are unwanted homepage and search tool.
eSpeedGames Start is compatible to Google Chrome browser only. It is still unknown if developer will release versions for other browser programs. Regardless of browser you are using, we still encourage to stay away from this adware. In fact, some people deemed eSpeedGames Start as virus. It can enter the computer without user’s knowledge. By using aggressive method and bundling itself to some freeware, this adware can gain access on the PC instantly.
As mentioned, eSpeedGames Start can secure an access on computer while you are installing freeware such as free games, tools, media player, or fake software update. Installation is discrete and is concealed from user. Presence of the adware only gets obvious after it has altered homepage and new tab of default browser application.
During eSpeedGames Start, user may experience sudden browser redirect activities. Most cases we have seen are diverting browser to various rogue Windows tools. Ads by eSpeedGames Start may also pop-up on your screen from time to time. As you can see, eSpeedGames Start’s main goal is to generate profit either by selling products of delivering web traffics to partner’s websites.
It is not safe to endure unlawful activities from this adware. Removal of eSpeedGames Start immediately is vital for your own online safety. Follow the procedures below to make sure that you will totally get rid of this adware from the computer.
eSpeedGames Start Removal Guide
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall eSpeedGames Start
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove eSpeedGames Start or eSpeedCheck entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to eSpeedGames Start. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted eSpeedGames Start from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of eSpeedGames Start on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove eSpeedGames Start from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove eSpeedGames Start from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete eSpeedGames Start by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of eSpeedGames Start removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from eSpeedGames Start. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by eSpeedGames Start. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On October 28, 2016