Enhanced Media Search is an ad-supported program that was made to work with Google Chrome browser. Its official website states that this extension allows user to search for online music right from the omnibox, without leaving the current browser page. So far, we see nothing special about this feature being offered by Enhanced Media Search. In fact, it can be accomplish using valid search engine like Google Chrome, Bing, or Yahoo.
Having Enhanced Media Search on the computer is useless if popular search engine is in place. Moreover, capitalizing on trusted search tool keeps the computer away from any potentially unwanted program or adware. Enhanced Media Search and similar homepage hijacker are utilizing software bundles as way to spread a copy all over the web. Unfortunately, some package may have malicious content in it that can be installed discretely onto the computer.
Seeing Enhanced Media Search on the computer does not necessarily mean that it is compromised with adware and PUP’s. Though, we highly advised to scan the computer with virus and malware removal tool as suggested below. It is also recommended to remove Enhanced Media Search from the computer to avoid any misbehavior that may lead to additional adware infection. Execute the guide on this page in exact manner to ensure complete removal of Enhanced Media Search including all associated browser extensions and malicious objects.
Online Security Scanner Report for mediaaccess.live:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 02, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 02, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 02, 2018|
How to Remove Enhanced Media Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Enhanced Media Search from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Enhanced Media Search from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Enhanced Media Search persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Enhanced Media Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Enhanced Media Search by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Enhanced Media Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Enhanced Media Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Enhanced Media Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Enhanced Media Search
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Enhanced Media Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Enhanced Media Search.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Enhanced Media Search and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Enhanced Media Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.