While many computer users agree that Eazel Search can be a great help in terms of finding the exact items when searching the web, most would say that it is just a tricky program. Eazel Search is a type of program that most computer users wouldn’t wish to have at all. For them there is nothing more important than seeing and knowing your system is far away from any troubles.
Most of the time, victims had already Eazel Search on their browsers before they knew it. This adware does no surprise because of the way it was designed. Attackers include this program with a freeware to reach victim’s computer globally. There are times that you may install a program with so many promises on user’s experience without even thinking that adware authors are getting smarter and deceitful than ever.
It was so frustrating for many victims to have the Eazel Search redirect adware. The preferred homepage set up would change absolutely to use the search engine from en.eazel.com. Sometimes, it would use search.eazel.com sub domain. Your web browsers default settings will not be restored unless you manually remove Eazel add-on from the web browser. You must know how to deal with this adware correctly or else you may jeopardize the system if some vital files were removed.
Instead of asking yourself why and how the adware enters your PC without your control, it is better to concentrate on deleting Eazel Search straightaway from your system. With that, we can help you to get rid of this adware. A full instruction is posted on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for Eazel Search (en.eazel.com):
en.eazel.com and search.eazel.com are sub domains owned and operated by Vitalia Internet. The online test we have conducted shows that there is minimal threat on this web site. However, on McAfee reports, it is alarming to see that people who use the site have experienced adware, spyware, or viruses.
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 31, 2013|
|No Issues||Feedback: Adware, Spyware||Updated: July 31, 2013|
|Probably Safe||Ratings: 1 Likes, 3 Dislikes||Updated: July 31, 2013|
en.eazel.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Eazel Search home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Eazel Search. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Eazel Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove en.eazel.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Eazel Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Eazel Search on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Cleanup Internet Browser’s Shortcut Link
One method that starts your home page to unwanted address like en.eazel.com is by integrating the link to browser’s shortcut link. On this section, we will discuss the proper removal of unwanted entries on shortcut link.
Cleaning Internet Explorer’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Internet Explorer and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Internet Explorer.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to en.eazel.com. Please refer to image below.
Cleaning Google Chrome’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Google Chrome and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Google Chrome.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to en.eazel.com. Please see image below for your reference.
Cleaning Mozilla Firefox’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Mozilla Firefox and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Mozilla Firefox.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to en.eazel.com. See screenshot image below.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from en.eazel.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Eazel Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Eazel Search. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Eazel Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Eazel Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.