Easy To Watch TV is a browser extension that allows user to instantly search and access popular TV links right at the homepage and new tab pages. It also claims as convenient web search that can turn your PC into a TV, which features live streaming of favorite TV shows, sports, and latest news.
Easy To Watch TV can be a useful tool, however before one can fully utilize its feature, this extension requires to override various browser settings. Upon successful installation, it will reconfigure homepage of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Former homepage will reveal an unknown search engine from Search.easytowatchtv.com. In addition, every online search made on the homepage or address bar is likely to redirect to said unwanted web address.
Existence of Easy To Watch TV on the browser is sustained by browser extension. Therefore, it is not difficult to reverse the changes. Simply delete the code that are relevant to Easy To Watch TV and everything will be back to normal state. Just make sure to restore homepage and default search engine to previously preferred settings.
In addition, we highly suggest scanning the computer with efficient anti-virus and ant-malware program. This will help in the removal of potentially unwanted program (PUP) that may have arrive alongside Easy To Watch TV.
Online Security Scanner Report for easytowatchtv.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 09, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 09, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 09, 2018|
How to Remove Easy To Watch TV
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Easy To Watch TV
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Easy To Watch TV entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
5. Next, it will prompt to change your default search. Please choose Google, Bing, or Yahoo as the new homepage, new tab, and default search engine.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Easy To Watch TV. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Easy To Watch TV from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Easy To Watch TV on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Easy To Watch TV Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Easy To Watch TV. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Easy To Watch TV from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Easy To Watch TV from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Easy To Watch TV by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Easy To Watch TV removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Easy To Watch TV. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Easy To Watch TV. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Easy To Watch TV from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for Easy To Watch TV or TV and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Easy To Watch TV. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Easy To Watch TV should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Remove Easy To Watch TV from Internet Explorer
Easy To Watch TV loads on Internet Explorer when you install the main program. Therefore, uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (Step 1) should also remove its extension from the browser. If in case Easy To Watch TV still exists, please restore Internet Explorer settings to its default value.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Easy To Watch TV and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Easy To Watch TV from Safari Browser
Option 1 – Delete Easy To Watch TV Extension
1. Open your Safari internet application.
2. Click on Safari Settings button located on upper-right corner of the browser. Select Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Safari Settings window, click the Extension tab.
4. Select Easy To Watch TV, or it may use alternative extension like in our case, TV is installed. Click on Uninstall button.
5. If Safari prompts for confirmation to remove the extension, please click Uninstall.
Option 2 – Reset Safari Browser
We only recommend this function if manually removing Easy To Watch TV extension didn’t resolve the issue. Please select only items that are essential in stopping adware activities on the browser as shown in the image below.
1. Open your browser and click on Safari Settings on upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Reset Safari… from the drop-down list.
3. Select items that you want to reset. You may include all if preferred. However, for the purpose of deleting only items relevant to presence of Easy To Watch TV adware, we excluded some entries. Click on Reset button after the selection process.
4. Please restart Safari after applying the changes.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020