Unpopular Windows utility software called Driver Whiz claims that it can automatically locate and update driver for system and hardware devices. It asserts to regularly comes out with new updates that ensures trouble-free operation of the computer. Other similar products that we have tested also offer the same elements. Hence, we noticed that most of them are employing scan and detect function, which we see as scare tactics to persuade users into purchasing the registered version of Driver Whiz.
After running a scan, this program will prompt an alert stating several incompatibility issues on the computer. To exaggerate its findings, Driver Whiz will alert user of numerous missing or out-of-date drivers that requires updating. As mentioned, the only way to fix them is by registering Driver Whiz to run a full version. Thus, if user choose to continue with the process, the program will pop-up its payment processing webpage wherein users are required to fill-up all the fields including credit card information.
Being unsafe on revealing payment details is just one worry we are facing with Driver Whiz. Added to that, this program is using malicious method to spread all over the internet. Driver Whiz is typically packed to suspicious freeware and shareware. Pop-up ads and redirects on certain websites are utilized to promote Driver Whiz and carry out a forceful installation on visitor’s computer.
As of now, it is insignificant to take advantage of this optimization tool. In fact, Windows operating systems have built-in features that functions much better than Driver Whiz. Therefore, we highly suggest immediate removal of this unwanted program. Its presence and running processes may just increase system resources usage that slows down system performance, which results to software crashes.
Online Security Scanner Report for driverwhiz.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 3.2/5.0||Updated: Oct. 16, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 16, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 16, 2018|
How to Remove Driver Whiz
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Driver Whiz from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Driver Whiz from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Driver Whiz and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Driver Whiz using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Driver Whiz . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Driver Whiz entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Driver Whiz have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Driver Whiz.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.