Driver Fixer usually spread through software bundles in a variety of freeware and shareware. In fact, Driver Fixer is not in any way relevant to bundled programs. It is just a method presently used by adware makers to spread their product. In most instances, Driver Fixer and other malware are packed to attractive free software like games, tools, utilities, media player, and download manager.
Driver Fixer is endorsed as operating system tool that can perform a number of tasks to optimize your computer. Downloading updates and latest drivers are its topmost proposition that can enhance performance of your Windows system. However, you can only get hold of these features once the product is upgraded to paid version. Diagnosis is the only thing you may run when having the free downloadable version of Driver Fixer.
When Driver Fixer is installed on the computer, it will alter settings that make this software to run each time you start Windows. This program may actively scan the computer even without a command from user. Right after the scan, Driver Fixer may attempt to fool user by issuing forged results. Normally, it gives out notifications about detected Windows registry issues. As mentioned earlier, free version of Driver Fixer is powerless to fix any troubles. Thus, it prompts to purchase registration key right away.
As you can observe, Driver Fixer is not safe to run on the computer. It comes with various dubious applications to begin with. Its presence on the computer causes severe annoyances due to a number of pushy pop-up alerts and warnings. Therefore, all we can suggest is complete removal of Driver Fixer for your own safety. Below are procedures that will help you get rid of this potentially unwanted program.
Online Security Scanner Report for driver-fixer.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Feb. 27, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 27, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Feb. 27, 2017|
How to Remove Driver Fixer
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Driver Fixer from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. “Uninstall or Change a Program” window will open. Select Driver Fixer from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Driver Fixer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Driver Fixer using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Driver Fixer . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Driver Fixer entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Driver Fixer have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Driver Fixer.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.