Recently added to the list of rogue computer security and optimization program is called Dr. Clean Pro 2018. It was developed by the same group who created other nasty tools like AutoFixer Pro 2018 and SpeedUp PC 2018. By taking a closer look at these programs, it is obvious that they are all the same and one scanner. Only apparent changes made on each of them are the title.
Comparing Dr. Clean Pro 2018 with the rest of its variants reveals no big difference. All of them are alike even on the way they are spread over the internet. Makers of this rogue tool are utilizing a software deployment scheme known as software bundling. This is a technique where several programs, adware, and PUP’s are packed into one installer downloadable file. Therefore, users may have little to zero knowledge that Dr. Clean Pro 2018 will be loaded on the computer.
After final installation, Dr. Clean Pro 2018 immediately scans the computer and produces scary alerts and warnings. Hundreds to thousands of errors will flood the interface showing problems like malware threats, software errors, startup troubles, and so on. In reality, none of these errors is valid. Dr. Clean Pro 2018 just wanted to catch user’s attention and persuade them to pay for the activation key. In fact, it will give an option to repair and fix the issues, but choosing this method will only open a web page of merchant store to process the payment for Dr. Clean Pro 2018 full version.
Considering our through diagnostics and investigation, there is no doubt that this program only want to delude computer users and force them to spend for this worthless application. Instead of buying Dr. Clean Pro 2018, we suggest to remove it from the computer as soon as possible. Use ‘Add/Remove Program’ of Windows to uninstall it from the system. Then, scan the PC with recommended virus and malware removal tool to ensure that no more threats are left on the computer.
Dr. Clean Pro 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Dr. Clean Pro 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Dr. Clean Pro 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Dr. Clean Pro 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Dr. Clean Pro 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Dr. Clean Pro 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Dr. Clean Pro 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Dr. Clean Pro 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Dr. Clean Pro 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Dr. Clean Pro 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Dr. Clean Pro 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove Dr. Clean Pro 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Dr. Clean Pro 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Dr. Clean Pro 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.