On its main site, Downloadship is promoted as worthy desktop tool that improves web browsing experience. It affirms to integrate Desktop Widget that helps user to easily Search, Connect, Convert, Translate, and use other helpful features of the program at no cost. At first sight, people may value Downloadship because of its vast features. However, some are disgusted when installed security program starts to issue alert about the danger of having Downloadship.
Downloadship is classed as PUP or Adware. It is made up of ad-supported features that can bother your online browsing. Downloadship runs on Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as extension. This minimal code added to the browser may initiate pop-ups with labels Ads by Downloadship or Brought by Downloadship. In spite of every attempt you do to block the ads, it will endlessly show up on the browser as long as the adware is present.
Adware publishers are spreading these adware bundled with third-party software. They are also employing pay-per-install scheme wherein software developers are getting paid by bundling Downloadship to their product. Primary way for user to obtain this unwanted program is through freeware bundles. Therefore, apply safety measures when downloading apps, particularly from questionable sites.
Remember that Downloadship and other significant threats can jeopardize your online privacy and security as well. Certain ads from Downloadship may redirect your browser malicious website containing malware. Before things gets out of control, it is vital to remove Downloadship and related adware. On this page are procedures and tools you can apply to get rid of the threats.
Online Security Scanner Report for downloadship.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 01, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 01, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 01, 2016|
How to Remove Downloadship
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Downloadship
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Downloadship or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Downloadship. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Downloadship from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Downloadship on the affected browser.
Step 4 (Optional): Reset the Browser to Remove Downloadship
If the tools offered above are not helpful in restoring your browser to previous normal state, adware may still be present. Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on or extension is vital when dealing with Downloadship. The procedure below will guide you to reset various browsers to its default state.
Remove Downloadship from Google (Reset Feature)
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard:
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Downloadship. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Downloadship from Internet Explorer (Reset Settings)
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Downloadship and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Downloadship from Mozilla Firefox (Refresh Function)
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Downloadship.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to Troubleshooting Information page by typing this in the address bar: about:support
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a Tune Up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Downloadship should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.