Dolohen.com is a suspicious website that serves disturbing advertisements like excessive pop-ups and redirects. Seeing this ‘ad-rotator’ page on the browser such as Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox may indicate that adware is already present on the computer. The adware could be initiating the Dolohen.com pop-ups and redirect especially if it engages immediately right after opening the internet software. In this instance, the adware may have integrated the script, which kick-offs the intrusive advertisements each time user opens the browser program.
If in case Dolohen.com pop-ups and redirects appear when visiting random websites, this can be due to infected web page or it is intentionally running the advertising script. Aside from being a sub-standard online advertisement because it is so aggressive, the pop-ups from Dolohen.com may also lead to adware or malware infection. It exhibits ads from insecure networks that are being utilized by malware developers to deploy their malicious apps. Therefore, simply clicking ads from Dolohen.com can cause severe damage to the computer as well as disturbance to compromised internet browser application.
Unfortunately, removing Dolohen.com and its associated adware from the computer is not an easy task. The common ways of clearing browser extensions, history, and cache are all irrelevant to this kind of threat. Only method to successfully get rid of the Dolohen.com is to eliminate the adware and removal all codes it has integrated into the browser. To accomplish this, scanning the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools are highly suggested. Please follow the guide below and as recommended, thoroughly scan the computer with malware removal application.
Dolohen.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Dolohen.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Dolohen.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Dolohen.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Dolohen.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Dolohen.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Dolohen.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Dolohen.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Dolohen.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Dolohen.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Dolohen.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Dolohen.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Dolohen.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.