After several tests, we found out that Disk Power is bundled to some adware. This can be dangerous when run on the computer. Disk Power may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this type of deployment method is only evident to malicious programs. Questionable files attached to Disk Power may not be as dangerous as computer virus, but somehow may endanger the privacy of its user.
Disk Power is presented as a tool to optimize your hard disk. It scans the computer and helps you free-up spaces by deleting duplicated files and folders. It could be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. Disk Power is ad-supported software. Meaning, it needs to pop-up ads on your computer in order to generate online profit. This is the reason why some software are provided free. Their objective is to earn via ads and other online promotion.
To give you targeted and appealing ads, Disk Power is equipped with a code that monitors your browsing habit. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to purchase online. Disk Power may also steal sensitive data and personal information.
In general, users who are dealing with Disk Power may experience not only pop-up advertisements. It may also cause browser redirects as part of its advertising venture. Another purpose of Disk Power is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. Overall, these are vital for online advertising and promotion.
To stop Disk Power from bothering you, this adware needs to be eliminated. Below are procedures to help you delete this adware totally. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of Disk Power.
Online Security Scanner Report for diskpower.biz:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 19, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: June 19, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: June 19, 2016|
How to Remove Disk Power
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Disk Power from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Disk Power from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Disk Power and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Disk Power ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Disk Power . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Disk Power entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Disk Power have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.