DiscoverLiveRadio homepage and search engine is part of an adware that operates on popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. It is can only be active on the computer if Extension is integrated into the browser. Thus, adware makers are devising various techniques to load DiscoverLiveRadio extension into the computer. One of the schemes is through software bundles. Without user’s awareness, installing various freeware may lead to the infection of this adware.
Normally, DiscoverLiveRadio is attached to free programs like media players, download manager, free games, utilities, and fake software update. Installing such programs likewise loads DiscoverLiveRadio and a bunch of stuff without user’s consent.
In the event that DiscoverLiveRadio gains access on the computer, it will immediately replace default homepage and search tool. Instead of your chosen search engine, MyWay customized search will replace this setting. In addition, ads by DiscoverLiveRadio may occasionally be visible on the browser, especially on search results page.
As you can notice, DiscoverLiveRadio is distributed without any costs. Makers of this program intend to utilize your computer for advertising and promotional schemes. Aside from annoying advertisements, this adware also causes risks to the computer. It can monitor browsing activities, records online search inquiries, and manipulate search engines for its own benefits.
With the presence of a number of valid search engines, there is no need to have DiscoverLiveRadio search on the browser. Risks and threats from this adware are already mentioned, therefore, there is no way to let it stay on the computer even for a while. Instantly remove DiscoverLiveRadio by executing the guides below.
Online Security Scanner Report for discoverliveradio.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Dec. 04, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Dec. 04, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Dec. 04, 2016|
How to Remove DiscoverLiveRadio Homepage
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall DiscoverLiveRadio
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove DiscoverLiveRadio, MyWay, or MindSpark entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to DiscoverLiveRadio. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted DiscoverLiveRadio from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of DiscoverLiveRadio on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove DiscoverLiveRadio Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with DiscoverLiveRadio. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove DiscoverLiveRadio from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove DiscoverLiveRadio from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete DiscoverLiveRadio by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of DiscoverLiveRadio removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from DiscoverLiveRadio. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by DiscoverLiveRadio. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove DiscoverLiveRadio from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for DiscoverLiveRadio and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to DiscoverLiveRadio. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. DiscoverLiveRadio should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Remove DiscoverLiveRadio from Internet Explorer
DiscoverLiveRadio loads on Internet Explorer when you install the main program. Therefore, uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (Step 1) should also remove its extension from the browser. If in case DiscoverLiveRadio still exists, please restore Internet Explorer settings to its default value.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by DiscoverLiveRadio and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On March 30, 2017