Direct Web Links with web address Directweblinks.com is an internet browser adware that affirms to provide one-click access to all your favorite websites. However, before anyone can access this feature, the program must have full access to browser settings by installing Direct Web Links. Upon installation, this software is free to alter various configurations. It affects homepage, search engines, and other parts of the internet application.
After some diagnostic, it is clear to us that installing Direct Web Links do not only modify the current settings of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox. It is also the main cause of advertisements and pop-ups. Browser redirect issue may also come out from the affected application as this extension aims to deliver web traffic to partner’s web sites.
As you can see, Direct Web Links was made to gain profit over the internet. Its main guise is to pretend as useful tool, which serves specific purpose. Hence, its primary objective is to deceive users to install the dubious code so that Direct Web Links may dominate various function of internet program.
Keep in mind that adware such as Direct Web Links may also arrive on the computer along with some freeware. Software bundles coming from every corner of the internet can also lead to infection of adware. Thus, be very cautious when downloading program. As much as possible, scrutinize the contents especially during the installation process. This will give you the chance to eliminate unwanted programs from being installed.
If you need to remove Direct Web Links from the computer, please navigate to the special section below. Do not forget to scan the PC with suggested anti-malware tool to locate and delete malicious objects hidden on various parts of the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for directweblinks.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 16, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Sept. 16, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Sept. 16, 2017|
How to Remove Direct Web Links
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Direct Web Links
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Direct Web Links entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Direct Web Links. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Direct Web Links from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Direct Web Links on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Direct Web Links
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Direct Web Links. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Direct Web Links. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
Remove Direct Web Links from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Direct Web Links. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Direct Web Links.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Direct Web Links should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Direct Web Links and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.