DigiCoupon is an adware that can cause many pop-up ads once it gains presence on the computer. It can infiltrate the computer through various ways. In most instances, DigiCoupon is wrapped to random shareware apps. It was hosted on various web sites and intentionally made to appear as a necessity for visitors. Pretending to be software update, free games, or useful tools are just some tricks it uses to attract users into downloading and installing it.
Ads by DigiCoupon usually show up when you are browsing online shopping web sites. It tries to attract you by displaying digital coupons gathered from various web sites. However, not all links displayed on it are worthy. Security experts have warned that malware authors are utilizing unsecured publisher such as DigiCoupon to distribute malware over the Internet. A simple coupon from this adware can redirect your web site to malware page when clicked.
As you can observe, main purpose of DigiCoupon is to claim online profit through this campaign. The purpose is legal but how the program is deployed seems to be illicit. Although DigiCoupon is not known to be a virus, many are still hesitant of having it inside their computers.
Once you see that DigiCoupon deals, coupons, savings, and cashback pop-ups on the browser, it simply states presence of adware. You must remove it instantly using various scanners and tools. Also, manually deleting add-ons installed on the browser can also help DigiCoupon ads from appearing.
Online Security Scanner Report for digicoupon.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Mar. 04, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 04, 2015|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 04, 2015|
How to Remove DigiCoupon Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall DigiCoupon
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove DigiCoupon entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to DigiCoupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted DigiCoupon from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of DigiCoupon on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On March 4, 2015