When the browser always redirects into the Damn Good Recipe Promos page, then it is possible that computer is under the control of adware. Damn Good Recipe Promos is a browse hijacker that modifies web internet browser settings once it is installed on the computer. Some web users tend to install Damn Good Recipe Promos because it is endorsed as a useful program. However, this browser extension is not a good computer program. In fact, Damn Good Recipe Promos is a kind of deceptive software, which was designed to generate intrusive ads or pop-ups and collect web user’s personal information for cyber-crime purposes.
Once installed, Damn Good Recipe Promos will change the home page, new tab page, and default search settings of the browser without the online user’s consent. As a result, web user will experience browser redirect issues. In other words, every time the browser opens, instead of the usual preferences, web user may experience unknown settings on homepage and new tab window.
Though it may seem like the Damn Good Recipe Promos web page is useful especially for users that are looking for cooking guidelines, it was created primarily to display numerous annoying ads. The main purpose of deploying ads or pop-ups is to generate online revenue. Unfortunately, ads by Damn Good Recipe Promos usually introduce links to malicious websites, fake software updates, or potentially unwanted programs (PUP). Sometimes, there are ads that contain a virus, spyware, Trojans, or any infectious content. One simple click may activate the malware onto the computer.
Damn Good Recipe Promos can enter the computer via freeware installation. Many computers get infected with browser hijacker like Damn Good Recipe Promos due to the online user’s negligence in the installation process. The web user should know that most of malicious unwanted programs often come bundled with free software. Ignoring some installation procedures may result in additional malware intrusions on the computer. Web user can check if there are extra programs on the installation through the Advanced or Custom options. Using such options can greatly reduce the risk of adware infections.
Damn Good Recipe Promos Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Damn Good Recipe Promos.
Remove Damn Good Recipe Promos Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Damn Good Recipe Promos or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Damn Good Recipe Promos Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Damn Good Recipe Promos and remove it from the browser.
Remove Damn Good Recipe Promos Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Damn Good Recipe Promos from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Damn Good Recipe Promos is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Damn Good Recipe Promos or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Damn Good Recipe Promos on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Damn Good Recipe Promos.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Damn Good Recipe Promos.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Damn Good Recipe Promos.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Damn Good Recipe Promos.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Damn Good Recipe Promos and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Damn Good Recipe Promos
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Damn Good Recipe Promos is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Damn Good Recipe Promos
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Damn Good Recipe Promos, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Damn Good Recipe Promos and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Damn Good Recipe Promos should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Damn Good Recipe Promos from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.
Post Last Modified On April 18, 2020