D.I.Y. is a toolbar, new tab, and malicious browser extension. Users normally got this adware from third-party programs, freeware, and shareware. It is bundled to free programs and sometimes offered as added app to install. However, in most cases, D.I.Y. Toolbar is installed without users consent.
Throughout the setup of downloaded freeware, D.I.Y. Toolbar is also loaded into the computer without taking permission from user. The adware make changes on the system as well as targeted Internet browser. D.I.Y. adds toolbar and other components that intend to promote a program or sell a product.
D.I.Y. Toolbar may also replace the default search with its own design using known search engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo. There are also instances that custom search box of this adware may overtake your home page, start-up page, or new tab window.
Security experts deemed D.I.Y. Toolbar as an adware. It is not technically a virus. Main goal of this program is to deliver ads and promote software that in return will generate revenue for its authors. Files and registry entries dropped by D.I.Y. Toolbar are not so harmful, although they are annoying when integrated on most browsers.
Removing D.I.Y. Toolbar adware can be done by simply disabling add-on, extension, or plug-in it has dropped on the PC. For a complete guide, please see the removal section on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for diytoolbar.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 07, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 07, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Sept. 07, 2016|
How to Remove D.I.Y. Toolbar
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall D.I.Y. Toolbar
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove D.I.Y. Toolbar, MindSpark, or Myway entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to D.I.Y. Toolbar. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove D.I.Y. Toolbar Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted D.I.Y. Toolbar from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of D.I.Y. Toolbar on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove D.I.Y. Toolbar
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with D.I.Y. Toolbar. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove D.I.Y. Toolbar from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from D.I.Y. Toolbar. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by D.I.Y. Toolbar. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to D.I.Y. Toolbar.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. D.I.Y. Toolbar should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by D.I.Y. Toolbar and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On September 7, 2016