CutThePrice is a browser add-on that claims to provide online discounts and freebies. It is deemed as an extension that will inject advertisements on the browser. Thus, it was tagged as adware. CutThePrice is ad-driven and mainly created in the sole purpose of generating profit online. Ads from this adware has corresponding price when clicked by web users.
Adware like CutThePrice normally gets inside the PC in a number of ways. Links pointing to download location are deployed on spam emails and social networking sites. Also, adware authors are taking advantage of pay-per-install scheme offered by software developers to spread CutThePrice. Using this method, CutThePrice is bundled with freeware and other software offered at no cost.
Once user installs the freeware, CutThePrice is also loaded into the PC without user’s permission. Adware installation runs in the background secretly. This is why users get stunned with the sudden appearance of CutThePrice ads on the browser. Moreover, add-on, extension, and plug-in linked to this adware is visible on the browser’s settings page.
Existence of CutThePrice adware is confirmed by excessive display of pop-up ads, coupons, and deals. It won’t go away while the extension still resides on the PC. Thus, we highly suggest completing the procedures as stated on the guide below.
Online Security Scanner Report for cuttheprice.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 25, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: June 25, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: June 25, 2015|
How to Remove CutThePrice Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall CutThePrice
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove CutThePrice entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to CutThePrice. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted CutThePrice from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of CutThePrice on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On June 25, 2015