CryptoPriceSearch is a homepage hijacker that entices web users who are inclined to crypto currencies. It claims to give users easy access to volumes of information for bitcoin, altcoin, etherium, ripple, stellar, and many others. People are not aware that CryptoPriceSearch and other software from this group are considered low-level computer irritant. It is not deemed as virus and is actually fit the description of potentially unwanted program (PUP).
Installation of CryptoPriceSearch normally occurs by chance and many users are surprise with its sudden appearance on the browser. Beyond their knowledge, homepage hijacker such as this is typically mixed-up to some freeware, shareware, and third party applications. It can be intentionally downloaded as free games, tools, media players, download manager, or bogus software update. This technique is referred by software makers and adware authors as software bundling.
Though CryptoPriceSearch may give an alert about its installation, most users typically ignore this prompt, and never bother to opt-out. Thus, all programs that comes with the freeware also installs on the computer by default. When fully installed, CryptoPriceSearch begins to interfere with homepage and search engine settings. Therefore, homepage, new tab, and even search engine will all resolve to the unwanted start-up page.
Without further elaborating how risky it is to have CryptoPriceSearch on the browser, users who have this adware on the computer know that this program is not worthy. There are many reliable and safe search engines to use as an alternative to CryptoPriceSearch. If you need to remove this program, feel free to execute the guide on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for cryptopricesearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: April 03, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: April 03, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: April 03, 2018|
How to Remove CryptoPriceSearch
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove homepage hijacker from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall CryptoPriceSearch
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove CryptoPriceSearch or MindSpark entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to CryptoPriceSearch. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted CryptoPriceSearch from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of homepage hijacker will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of CryptoPriceSearch on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove CryptoPriceSearch Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with CryptoPriceSearch. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove CryptoPriceSearch from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove CryptoPriceSearch from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete CryptoPriceSearch by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of CryptoPriceSearch or Your Speed Test removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from CryptoPriceSearch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by CryptoPriceSearch. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove CryptoPriceSearch from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for CryptoPriceSearch and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to CryptoPriceSearch. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. CryptoPriceSearch should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Remove CryptoPriceSearch from Internet Explorer
CryptoPriceSearch loads on Internet Explorer when you install the main program. Therefore, uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (Step 1) should also remove its extension from the browser. If in case CryptoPriceSearch still exists, please restore Internet Explorer settings to its default value.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by CryptoPriceSearch and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove CryptoPriceSearch from Safari Browser
Option 1 – Delete CryptoPriceSearch Extension
1. Open your Safari internet application.
2. Click on Safari Settings button located on upper-right corner of the browser. Select Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Safari Settings window, click the Extension tab.
4. Select CryptoPriceSearch, or it may use alternative extension. Click on Uninstall button.
5. If Safari prompts for confirmation to remove the extension, please click Uninstall.
Option 2 – Reset Safari Browser
We only recommend this function if manually removing CryptoPriceSearch extension didn’t resolve the issue. Please select only items that are essential in stopping adware activities on the browser as shown in the image below.
1. Open your browser and click on Safari Settings on upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Reset Safari… from the drop-down list.
3. Select items that you want to reset. You may include all if preferred. However, for the purpose of deleting only items relevant to presence of CryptoPriceSearch adware, we excluded some entries. Click on Reset button after the selection process.
4. Please restart Safari after applying the changes.