Cryptexplorer.us is known as browser locker where it takes control of the Internet program and removes user’s control to navigate away from the page. It is also dubbed as ransomware due to messages it issues telling user to pay $100 in order to regain access on the PC.
Common causes of Cryptexplorer.us infection are Trojans and malware. It can be acquired when visiting malicious web sites or compromised web pages. Additionally, this virus may come bundled with altered programs that you may download from unsafe locations.
Once the virus gains an access on the computer, it modifies files, creates registry entries, and dropped files on the system. The main purpose for registry modification is to run the malware on each Windows start-up. It could lead to the display of Cryptexplorer.us once you open Internet browser. Some sees it as browser hijacker because every Internet request you made will get redirected to the page at Cryptexplorer.us.
Keep in mind that Cryptexplorer.us is a bogus web site that tries to take money from users like you. It may send a warning about some of your online violations but always remember that this is just to trick you. As mentioned earlier, the warning aims to scare you so that it can convince you to settle using their suggested online payment scheme.
Online Security Scanner Report for cryptexplorer.us:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March 15, 2015|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: March 15, 2015|
|Currently safe||Feedback: no data||Updated: March 15, 2015|
How to Remove Cryptexplorer.us
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove Cryptexplorer.us virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Cryptexplorer.us and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Cryptexplorer.us ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Cryptexplorer.us . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Cryptexplorer.us entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Cryptexplorer.us have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.