Cool Shopper or also called ChoolShopper Extension is detected as adware that operates under Mac environment. This unwanted program will display pop-ups showing Coupon Codes, Deals, Offers, and other Savings from online retailer sites. Ads by Cool Shopper seem useful in particular to those who are keen to online shopping. However, after through diagnostic of this program, we found some misdeed. So, we concur that it is more advantageous for user to remove it instead of sourcing online shopping discounts from this software.
Cool Shopper is a risky program and was inspired by other variants like Best Web Shoppers and WebShoppy. All of these software claims to give you brand new online shopping experience. It works best on Google Chrome and Safari running under Mac OS X systems. Sooner, it will have versions for Windows and Mobile because its official website states the development of such applications.
Existence of Cool Shopper on ones computer is often unexpected. We suppose that user who got this adware may have installed freeware where Cool Shopper is bundled. Packing a collection of programs (including adware) into one installer file is a widespread practice to distribute unknown software. As a result, instead of having one desired application, you may have a bunch of software mounted on the computer. Installation of Cool Shopper and bundled software does not require authority from user. In fact, the setup runs discretely without notifications.
When adware is running, it begins to display Cool Shopper pop-up ads. As mentioned, it will contain various offers and discounts. Be mindful before clicking on these links. Published advertisements from such questionable program are not regulated. It may contain malicious links intentionally advertised to deliver malicious software.
As you can notice, this adware possesses security threats while working on computer. It is highly recommended to remove Cool Shopper from Mac before it can further cause risks.
Online Security Scanner Report for maccoolshopper.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 16, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: June 16, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: June 16, 2017|
Procedures to Remove Cool Shopper Adware from Mac
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of Cool Shopper from Macintosh system. Removal of the adware on various browser is also included.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Cool Shopper
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware i.e. Cool Shopper, SearchAssist. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Cool Shopper, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Cool Shopper
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Cool Shopper to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
Optional: For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Cool Shopper.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Cool Shopper.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Cool Shopper is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Remove Cool Shopper from Safari Home Page and Search
1. Open Apple menu and select Force Quit. You can also press Command + Option + Esc on the keyboard to access this feature.
2. From the list of applications, select Safari, and then click on Force Quit button. Wait for Safari browser to close.
3. Now, hold down Shift key and launch Safari. Do this to avoid opening any unwanted window from Cool Shopper.
4. Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
5. Under General tab, type the desired URL on Home Page area.
6. To set the default search engine, please go back to Safari Preferences.
7. Click on Search and select the desired search engine from the list to override Cool Shopper custom search engine.