Convertmyvid.com notification pop-up is so annoying that most computer users even mistakenly assess this disturbing situation as virus infection. The truth is, web users commonly see Convertmyvid.com pop-up if they allow the site to send them push notifications or the browser is already infected with an adware posing as valid extension.
Aside from displaying the pop-up, Convertmyvid.com is also taking advantage of the notification to redirect web users to suspicious website as Notify-service.com, Getlive.news, and similar online locations. In addition, it may also display misleading alerts prompting user to download bogus security and optimization tool from random URL’s of Kromtech.net.
Forwarding to the darker side of Convertmyvid.com, it was primarily designed and published online to spread a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that goes by the name of Convert My Vid Search. Although it sounds and appears like a valuable app, web users must learn that installing the program allows it to be in charge of the browser. The adware is the common culprit for certain unwanted changes on browser settings that override user’s preferences on homepage, new tab, and default search provider.
To sum up, Convertmyvid.com is an infamous website that aims to dominate internet software like Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The motive of such invasion would be to exploit infected browser program to generate online profit through the display of ads and redirecting web pages to partner’s website. As a result, computer users will suffer from disturbing operation of Convertmyvid.com.
Obviously, no computer users will allow Convertmyvid.com to continue with its unpleasant proceedings. For this reason, the goal of this article is to help victims in removing Convertmyvid.com and stop all pop-ups and redirects from infected browser program. Follow the provided steps to ensure complete and swift removal of Convertmyvid.com and all relevant malicious objects.
Procedures to Remove Convertmyvid.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Convertmyvid.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Convertmyvid.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Convertmyvid.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Convertmyvid.com or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Convertmyvid.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Convertmyvid.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Convertmyvid.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Convertmyvid.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Convertmyvid.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Convertmyvid.com or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Convertmyvid.com Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Convertmyvid.com is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Convertmyvid.com pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Convertmyvid.com.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Convertmyvid.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Convertmyvid.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Convertmyvid.com.