Convertmyvid.com notification pop-up is so annoying that most computer users even mistakenly assess this disturbing situation as virus infection. The truth is, web users commonly see Convertmyvid.com pop-up if they allow the site to send them push notifications or the browser is already infected with an adware posing as valid extension.
Aside from displaying the pop-up, Convertmyvid.com is also taking advantage of the notification to redirect web users to suspicious website as Notify-service.com, Getlive.news, and similar online locations. In addition, it may also display misleading alerts prompting user to download bogus security and optimization tool from random URL’s of Kromtech.net.
Forwarding to the darker side of Convertmyvid.com, it was primarily designed and published online to spread a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that goes by the name of Convert My Vid Search. Although it sounds and appears like a valuable app, web users must learn that installing the program allows it to be in charge of the browser. The adware is the common culprit for certain unwanted changes on browser settings that override user’s preferences on homepage, new tab, and default search provider.
To sum up, Convertmyvid.com is an infamous website that aims to dominate internet software like Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The motive of such invasion would be to exploit infected browser program to generate online profit through the display of ads and redirecting web pages to partner’s website. As a result, computer users will suffer from disturbing operation of Convertmyvid.com.
Obviously, no computer users will allow Convertmyvid.com to continue with its unpleasant proceedings. For this reason, the goal of this article is to help victims in removing Convertmyvid.com and stop all pop-ups and redirects from infected browser program. Follow the provided steps to ensure complete and swift removal of Convertmyvid.com and all relevant malicious objects.
Steps to remove Convertmyvid.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Convertmyvid.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Convertmyvid.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Remove Convertmyvid.com pop-ups and redirects by executing these steps:
For Mac and PC : Get rid of Convertmyvid.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Convertmyvid.com pop-ups will start to bombard the internet browser screen with pop-ups if a web user is deceived to click the “Allow” button, which triggers the said website to send a push notification. To stop Convertmyvid.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On the Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under the "Sites that sent a lot of notifications" or "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Convertmyvid.com.
3. Click Don't Allow beside Convertmyvid.com. You may also click on the ellipses to reveal the options.
4. Please restart the Google Chrome browser.
1. On the Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press the Enter key:
2. Navigate below to the Permissions area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Convertmyvid.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes, and restart Mozilla Firefox. Check if Convertmyvid.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that the Edge browser is open, type the following in the address bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.
2. In the Settings, Site Permissions area, select Convertmyvid.com from the list.
3. Click on the Options icon. See the image below.
4. Under the All Sites section, look for Notifications and select Block to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
1. On the top menu, click on Safari, and then select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on the Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On the right panel, it will display a list of websites with the "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Convertmyvid.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart the Safari browser and see if the Convertmyvid.com pop-up is gone.
If Convertmyvid.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Convertmyvid.com from PC
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Convertmyvid.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Convertmyvid.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Convertmyvid.com pop-ups and redirects, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Run Another Scan : Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Convertmyvid.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Convertmyvid.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Convertmyvid.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Convertmyvid.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Convertmyvid.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Convertmyvid.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Run Another Scan : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Convertmyvid.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Convertmyvid.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Stopping Convertmyvid.com Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Convertmyvid.com pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Convertmyvid.com pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Convertmyvid.com pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.