Not so many computer users are aware that ConvertDocsOnline is not just a simple utility for online file conversion. Unfortunately, the program that is currently utilized by many for this specific purpose is also set as their homepage and search page due to browser monitoring task of ConvertDocsOnline. It is not surprising to see that a number of users keep this unwanted extension on the browser even if its entry is lacking of their approval. ConvertDocsOnline has so many features to offer aside from online document conversion. The appointed homepage highlights bunch of useful tools for daily tasks like email access, calendar, weather update, TV shows, transit apps, and many more.
Even with great features, computer security experts are still not convinced that ConvertDocsOnline will not do anything that can jeopardize web user’s online privacy and security. Similar to most adware products, ConvertDocsOnline performs what the usual potentially unwanted program does. One of its tasks is to collect web user’s data in order to serve personalized advertisements. As always, adware creator aims to gain more profit via pay-per-click scheme that it operates on browsers currently under the influence of ConvertDocsOnline adware.
It is obvious that this program was not made mainly to improve user’s experience as explained on the official website. Its principal objective is to dominate Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer to fully accomplish its illicit task. Therefore, we see no reason for letting this adware to stay on the computer even for a moment. Remove ConvertDocsOnline immediately to avoid further harm using the effective guide below. Scan the computer with suggested anti-virus and anti-malware tool to easily locate and delete malicious objects associated to ConvertDocsOnline.
Online Security Scanner Report for Convertdocsonline.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Oct. 21, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Caution||Oct. 21, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Low Security Risk||Oct. 21, 2020|
ConvertDocsOnline Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Convertdocsonline.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete ConvertDocsOnline Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to ConvertDocsOnline.
Remove ConvertDocsOnline Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find ConvertDocsOnline or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall ConvertDocsOnline Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to ConvertDocsOnline and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Convertdocsonline.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove ConvertDocsOnline Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of ConvertDocsOnline from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Convertdocsonline.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If ConvertDocsOnline is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Convertdocsonline.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select ConvertDocsOnline or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove ConvertDocsOnline automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like ConvertDocsOnline that assigns Convertdocsonline.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to ConvertDocsOnline.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including ConvertDocsOnline and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the ConvertDocsOnline browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Convertdocsonline.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of ConvertDocsOnline on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Convertdocsonline.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by ConvertDocsOnline.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to ConvertDocsOnline. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Convertdocsonline.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by ConvertDocsOnline. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with ConvertDocsOnline. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from ConvertDocsOnline. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of ConvertDocsOnline.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed ConvertDocsOnline extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to ConvertDocsOnline. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. ConvertDocsOnline should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by ConvertDocsOnline and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.