Apple.com-fast-macos.live is in the list of so many misleading website that was made to trick Mac users into obtaining potentially unwanted program (PUP). Sometimes, web users are redirected to this web address if they happen to visit malicious website that runs a script to carry out the web traffic-rerouting scheme. On the other hand, constant redirect to Apple.com-fast-macos.live maybe a sign of adware infection.
Normally, browser redirects via adware infection is more dangerous because the threat may land the browser not only to Apple.com-fast-macos.live, but also to other location that can infect the computer with more hazardous malware. In addition, online security and privacy of users are in danger because adware can keep on monitoring browsing activities on the infected browser.
Apple.com-fast-macos.live purports to care for Mac users. Content of the site aims to deceive users claiming that the endorsed program can optimize and secure the computer. The truth is, this is a misinformation campaign to sell a program that means to swindle money from computer users. As mentioned, Apple.com-fast-macos.live is just one of the so many deceitful websites that stage the same tricks to persuade users into buying a worthless program.
Obviously, end user will gain nothing for visiting or following the recommendations from Apple.com-fast-macos.live. To ensure that browser will never be redirected to this address again, it is highly suggested to scan the computer with malware removal tool. For a complete guide in removing Apple.com-fast-macos.live redirect, please see the special section on this page.
Procedures to Remove Apple.com-fast-macos.live from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Apple.com-fast-macos.live. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Apple.com-fast-macos.live.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Apple.com-fast-macos.live
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Apple.com-fast-macos.live or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Apple.com-fast-macos.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Apple.com-fast-macos.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Apple.com-fast-macos.live Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Apple.com-fast-macos.live during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Apple.com-fast-macos.live.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Apple.com-fast-macos.live or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Apple.com-fast-macos.live. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Apple.com-fast-macos.live or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Apple.com-fast-macos.live.