clkads.com pop-up ads usually appear on computers that are infected with an adware. There are several adware that are using the service from clkads.com, which is actually a platform that serves advertisements. So, there is something to worry if you are seeing pop-ups, full page, in-text, that are resolving to the address of http://clkads.com.
clkads.com adware is linked to many Ads Network that are affecting many computers lately. They came from various sources. Through the use of shareware, author is able to spread clkads.com adware. Free tools, games, software update, and enhancement programs are being utilized to install the adware into the computer. On some instances, even legitimate and known software are repackaged to embed clkads.com adware code. By installing the desired software, adware is also added to the system without user’s concern.
With the presence of adware, browser will show ads coming from clkads.com. There are also times that home page and search are redirected to ads by clkads.com. If you are unsure whether this is the one bugging your computer, here are some hints.
- Ads usually displayed are relevant to gambling, health and beauty, and weight loss
- clkads.com also shows survey and polls
- It can block access to certain web site and force you to fill-up a form before proceeding to requested web page
Having anti-virus program on the computer is not enough to remove this adware. Manual removal may help delete hidden objects of clkads.com adware, but we highly suggest using tools and programs designed for threat like this.
Online Security Scanner Report for clkads.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 1.0/5.0||Updated: Nov 26, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: Web Ads||Updated: Nov 26, 2013|
|Surf with caution||Ratings: 7 Likes, 2 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 26, 2013|
clkads.com Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to clkads.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove clkads.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted clkads.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of clkads.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with clkads.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to clkads.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. clkads.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by clkads.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.