Click PC Security is promoted as an optimization tool that makes computer run like new again. According to official website, its users can enjoy features like advanced protection from malware and cleanup tool that remove junk files like, unused registry, worthless scripts, and codes that greatly diminish system performance. Click PC Security also brag about its system speed optimizer, which cleans up disk space and free up memory from getting mess by useless programs.
At first look, Click PC Security may appear like valid Windows optimization tool. However, we observed that it usually disseminates through a number of suspicious sources. Authors of this program are using dubious software bundles and loads Click PC Security on the computer without users consent. On other instances, internet browser programs are redirected to fake scanner pages that produce false warnings and alerts to scare users about the threatened condition of the computer. As expected, this phony method aims to force users to buy the full version of Click PC Security.
If Click PC Security is acquired via third party software packages, it immediately runs a thorough scan after successful installation. Then, it will identify numerous issues like malware presence, accumulated junk files, and a number of invalid registries. As usual, Click PC Security advises to fix such issues but it can only proceed once user has activated the program.
It is clear that Click PC Security is a scan-and-detect suspicious program that aims to rip-off money from computer users. Therefore, it is highly suggested to remove it as soon as possible. On our guide below is a complete set of tools that is helpful in getting rid of Click PC Security. Please follow the guide in exact order.
Click PC Security Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Click PC Security through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Click PC Security, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Click PC Security rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Click PC Security
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Click PC Security and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Click PC Security from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Click PC Security from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Click PC Security unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Click PC Security and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Click PC Security using Anti-malware Program
To remove Click PC Security automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Click PC Security that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Click PC Security.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.