Clear Web Search is ad-supported software that was made on the sole purpose of generating online revenue. It comes from a range of online sources. Initially, freeware are the basis for deploying Clear Web Search. It employs software-bundling scheme that spreads the adware without user’s notice. Valid programs are sent out coupled with Clear Web Search, so most users are not aware on the installation of this adware.
To provide user with handy widget and quick access to web search is the selling point of Clear Web Search. However, the real objective of this PUP is to produce profit by displaying ads once victim use it as browser extension. Clear Web Search is a clone of Serene Find and both are compatible with Google Chrome browser only. Clear Web Search adjusts browser settings so that the code loads as browser helper object. Homepage and start-up page will show unwanted search engine as Home.clearwebsearch.com. New tab also reveals the same web address.
Restoring your browser to its default value will never help in removing Clear Web Search. The adware just continue to hamper your browser by exhibiting too many advertisements like pop-ups, banners, and links. Most of all, Clear Web Search exposes your online data to attacker. The adware may record your browsing activities like surfing habit, web site visited, key words, and other online credentials.
For your own online safety, it is vital to delete Clear Web Search when it is present on your computer. If restoring your browser to default settings does not help in any way, we highly suggest that you scan the system with anti-virus and anti-malware programs. Complete guide to remove Clear Web Search adware is available on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for clearwebsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 13, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 13, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 13, 2016|
How to Remove Clear Web Search Adware
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Clear Web Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Clear Web Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Clear Web Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Clear Web Search Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Clear Web Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Clear Web Search on the affected browser.
Step 4 (Optional): Reset the Browser to Remove Clear Web Search
If the tools offered above are not helpful in restoring your browser to previous normal state, adware may still be present. Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on or extension is vital when dealing with Clear Web Search. The procedure below will guide you to reset various browsers to its default state.
Remove Clear Web Search from Google (Reset Feature)
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard:
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Clear Web Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Clear Web Search from Internet Explorer (Reset Settings)
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Clear Web Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Clear Web Search from Mozilla Firefox (Refresh Function)
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Clear Web Search.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to Troubleshooting Information page by typing this in the address bar: about:support
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a Tune Up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Clear Web Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Post Last Modified On July 16, 2016