Chrono SpeedUp is deemed as rogue security and system optimizer that discreetly penetrates the computer along with other dubious software packages that you may have obtained from questionable internet servers. It is hard to identify the exact software bundle that attackers are utilizing to spread Chrono SpeedUp because there are just too many of them that are presently deployed all over the web. This software bundling technique has been very effective in deploying different kinds of threat including this rogue tool.
Other sources of Chrono SpeedUp infection
Aside from bundling the counterfeit system optimization tool to a number of freeware, user may also get hold of the executable file ChronoSpeedUp if they click on pop-up ads that are pretending to be online system scanners. This is another deceitful technique by Chrono SpeedUp makers to influence web users into downloading the installer file. Some example of websites that can produce such deceitful pop-up are Wapsisod.net, Tryapps.xyz, Humisnee.com, and the list goes on.
After successful installation on the computer, Chrono SpeedUp will initiate a local scan and abruptly displays a result exhibiting dozens of identified threats and errors. Bear in mind that this is just an act to mislead you into thinking that computer needs fixing.
A must removed program
Rogue developer maintains that Chrono SpeedUp is a valuable tool to keep Windows system in top performance. According to the official website, it is a complete solution, which consists of security and system optimization tool that can speed up the computer by fixing issues and errors. However, this was long been contested by computer analysts who claims that Chrono SpeedUp or any tools claiming to enhance system performance are misleading computer users. As a matter of fact, system optimizer that modifies Windows registry can cause trouble if vital entries were mistakenly deleted.
While Chrono SpeedUp is promoted as a valuable tool, people who are experts in the computer security field discourage the use of it. For this reason, we made a guide to easily remove this unwanted program from the computer. Please see the procedures below.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to Chrono SpeedUp. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
- ChronoSpeedUp (32 bit).exe
Chrono SpeedUp Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Chrono SpeedUp through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Chrono SpeedUp, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Chrono SpeedUp rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Chrono SpeedUp
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Chrono SpeedUp and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Chrono SpeedUp from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Chrono SpeedUp from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Chrono SpeedUp unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Chrono SpeedUp and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Chrono SpeedUp using Anti-malware Program
To remove Chrono SpeedUp automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Chrono SpeedUp that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Chrono SpeedUp.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
3 thoughts on “How to remove Chrono SpeedUp”
I’m on a school computer, and all the options aren’t available. The reason why is from my school’s blockage system. Is there any other way I could get rid of it? When I hit uninstall with the control panel, It says ”Would you like to uninstall Chrono Speedup? I clicked yes. But it said it needed administrator privilege’s with a file called Au._.exe. When I click no because I cannot click yes due to it being a school computer it load’s up the text saying ”You need administrative privilege’s to continue” So I have no further options as malewarebytes, or combocleaner is blocked. (so is task manager)
Unfortunately, you cannot do any of the procedures unless you have full Administrative privileges on your Windows system. If it is a school computer, there may be an IT personnel that can help you with this problem.
Hello. I tried to do step 2 where I uninstalled ChronoSpeedup. Instead, it asked me to reboot my computer, and it’s still there. Some help?