Chromatic Browse is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that enters the PC through third-party applications. Software such as this one intend to generate profit online via ads it may display. Chromatic Browse offers web enhancement function to visitors such as GiftBox and Hola, but what you may get are unwanted advertisements. Moreover, adware like Chromatic Browse can put your privacy at risk and can lead to identity theft if not taken care right away.
During the arrival of Chromatic Browse, it injects files and registry entries on the computer. In order for ads to display, the adware will install add-on, extension, and plug-in. Usuallyy, Chromatic Browse will appear on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox when user begins to surf online. It claims to suggests websites that are related to your current search terms. With its ability to monitor your browsing activities, this adware can display ads that can be attractive to you. It issues coupons that are relevant to your search queries.
With the code still present on the computer, even your security program can never stop Chromatic Browse from showing pop-up ads. As long as the PC is connected to the Internet, the adware remains on fetching more ads from its own server. The only way to stop Chromatic Browse ads is to delete entirely this potentially unwanted program. Running a virus scan and scanning the computer with genuine anti-malware tools can be helpful in solving issues like this one.
Online Security Scanner Report for chromaticbrowse.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 12, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 12, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 12, 2014|
How to Remove Chromatic Browse
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Chromatic Browse
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Chromatic Browse entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Chromatic Browse. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Chromatic Browse Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Chromatic Browse from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Chromatic Browse on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Chromatic Browse
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Chromatic Browse. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Chromatic Browse. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Chromatic Browse extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Chromatic Browse.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Chromatic Browse should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Chromatic Browse and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.