Digital hoodlums are using every kind of misleading tactics just to generate income from the internet. As usual, it is through online advertising that most of these cyber crooks are producing profit and they are not guided by any laws and policies. As such, to collect more revenue, they are going to exhibit as many advertisements as they like without taking into considerations that it annoys web user.
One way to accomplish the selfish objective is by utilizing aggressive site like Check-you-robot.site. This will pop-up on the browser whenever web users view or visit a website that are engaging in illicit online activities like software piracy and unlawful media streaming. Check-you-robot.site usually prompts visitors with click baits such as “Click Allow if you are not a robot” or “Click Allow to watch the video.” Unknown to many web users, clicking the said button will permit Check-you-robot.site to send push notifications directly to default internet program. Sadly, cyber crooks are misusing this feature to send ads instead of an alert or notice. Sometimes, web user may receive an alert from Check-you-robot.site, but it is a phony type of message trying to convince them to purchase certain recommended apps.
During thorough investigation, we noticed that web users can easily remove Check-you-robot.site from browser configuration to stop the site from flooding the browser with excessive pop-up ads. However, there are also cases that Check-you-robot.site pop-up is caused by adware infection. On these cases, thorough scanning of the computer using legitimate anti-virus and anti-malware tools is highly recommended.
To help web users with the tasks of removing Check-you-robot.site from the internet browser application, we made a systematic guide on this page along with free virus and malware removal tools. Please execute the steps in exact order to ensure complete elimination of Check-you-robot.site pop-ups and redirects.
Check-you-robot.site Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Check-you-robot.site.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Check-you-robot.site and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Check-you-robot.site on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Check-you-robot.site.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Check-you-robot.site.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Check-you-robot.site from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Check-you-robot.site. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Check-you-robot.site.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Check-you-robot.site.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Check-you-robot.site is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Check-you-robot.site Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Check-you-robot.site. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Check-you-robot.site are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Check-you-robot.site pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Check-you-robot.site from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be sucessful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Check-you-robot.site.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Check-you-robot.site list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Check-you-robot.site from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Check-you-robot.site entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Check-you-robot.site pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Check-you-robot.site.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Check-you-robot.site pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Check-you-robot.site from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Stopping Check-you-robot.site Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Check-you-robot.site pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Check-you-robot.site pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Check-you-robot.site pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.