Another extension that can manipulate Google Chrome homepage and search is Central Hub Radio New Tab. It asserts to give users easy access to various online radio stations. Apart from that, this program states that it enhances search experience by adding online radio access right into the homepage and new tab of Google Chrome browser.
What it did not mention is that installing the Central Hub Radio extension forcefully changes configuration of the browser. It overrides homepage and search provider with Home.centralhubradio.com without giving clear notice to computer users. In fact, it may arrive alongside suspicious freeware, thus, installation is not within the interest of users in most cases.
Aside from unwelcome changes made on the browser, expect heavy display of advertisements during the existence of Central Hub Radio. After all, adware such as this was made as money-making medium with sole intention of selling products and promote online services and websites. Therefore, do not be surprise if Central Hub Radio is influencing your search results and shows irrelevant data with misleading links.
As you can notice, Central Hub Radio is not a typical browser extension with distinct feature. It is purely a homepage manipulating program that you must get rid before it can further harm the computer. Guide on this page will help you remove Central Hub Radio using free yet effective virus and malware scanner.
How to Remove Central Hub Radio
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Central Hub Radio
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Central Hub Radio entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Central Hub Radio. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Central Hub Radio from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Central Hub Radio on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Central Hub Radio from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Central Hub Radio from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Central Hub Radio New Tab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Central Hub Radio New Tab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Central Hub Radio. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Central Hub Radio. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020