As stated on its official website, Cat Start – New Tab Page will provide HD quality adorable cats background for your homepage and new tab. Weather updates and one-click access to your favorite websites is another feature of this browser extension that may attract computer users. Not to mention that Cat Start – New Tab Page also provides custom search engine, this overrides the homepage of internet application even without user’s discretion.
By viewing feedback from some users who have Cat Start – New Tab Page on their browser, it clearly states that this program will install itself without permission. Some complains of having difficulty reverting to their previous homepage settings. Thus, Cat Start – New Tab Page can be considered as invasive type of extension that seriously affects Google Chrome browser. Aside from this annoying behavior, Cat Start is able to gather browsing procedures of user. It collects data pertaining to visited websites, search keywords, and other personal identifiable information. Collected data are maliciously used to launch advertisements that are attractive to users and mean to generate revenue.
As you can see, Cat Start – New Tab Page is an ad-supported program that asserts to enhance the looks of your browser’s homepage and new tab. However, there are identified malicious actions that concerns user’s privacy. Thus, it is much safer to surf the internet without Cat Start – New Tab Page.
If you need to remove this extension from the browser, specifically Google Chrome, please browse the removal section below. As stated, scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tool to find and delete objects and files that are related to Cat Start – New Tab Page.
Online Security Scanner Report for catstart.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 20, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 20, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 20, 2017|
How to Remove Cat Start – New Tab Page
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Cat Start – New Tab Page
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Cat Start – New Tab Page entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Cat Start – New Tab Page. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Cat Start – New Tab Page from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Cat Start – New Tab Page on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Cat Start – New Tab Page from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Cat Start – New Tab Page from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Cat Start – New Tab Page by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Cat Start – New Tab Page removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Cat Start – New Tab Page. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Cat Start – New Tab Page. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.