Caribarena malware is a ransomware that infects the operating system of targeted PC. Once cyber crooks successfully dropped the virus onto your computer, you may see the message on your full screen saying, “Your computer has been blocked.” This virus is indeed alarming because running of your Windows system made it paralyze. You can access nothing on your very own computer. Do read more on this article so you may know how Caribarena gets onto your Windows system, how does this virus affects and most importantly how to remove it.
Caribarena ransomware can be injected into your Windows system in various ways. When you visit a corrupted website, when you open an email attachment from unreliable source and when you click some malicious links. Those actions help you hackers unintentionally to expedite their prime goal and that is to steal money right from your own pocket. This shows how wise Caribarena malware is, your computer access has taken away from you, and not only that they want to get money from you.
In exchange of unlocking your PC, you have to pay the amount of $200 through Moneygram. The said amount is placed as payment for your access to your own machine. It is more than enough if you do follow and pay the demand by cyber crooks.
All you have to do is to remove Caribarena from your system. Don’t be afraid though the messages and warnings it may project, it has to be that way to catch your attention and threaten you at the same time which may be resulting you to pay. To regain your access and back, you have to follow our removal guide below.
Here is the message that you may see on the desktop when it is locked by Caribarena:
“YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED
Caribarena demands $200 to unlock your machine, you can pay by moneygram to the name of “ofer shaked”. Send us transaction ID on email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you unlock code.
Please wait, you data is being verified. If you entered the correct code and pay the fine you will regain access to your computer. If you entered a wrong code, this message will reappear. If you entered a wrong code three times, your hard drive will be completedly erased. Your computer will be totally damaged and unusable. Your IP address will be stored in our database…”
How to Remove Caribarena Malware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove Caribarena virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Caribarena and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Caribarena’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Caribarena. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Caribarena entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Caribarena have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 3 : Unlocking files that were encrypted by Caribarena
1. Download the program Panda Ransomware Decrypt.
pandaunransom.exe Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. Save the file to your hard drive, Desktop, or any location.
3. Once the download completed, double-click on the file pandaunransom.exe to run it.
4. You will see Panda Ransomware Decrypt program. Please refer to the image below.
5. Next, use Windows Explorer or My Computer to make a folder “PandaTest” and copy some of the encrypted files into this folder.
6. Go back to Panda Ransomware Decrypt program and click on Select Folder button. Select the newly created folder PandaTest.
7. Click on START button to begin. Process may take a while, please wait until it is completed.
8. If you were able to decrypt contents of the PandaTest folder, you may run the tool on all the affected files and folders on the computer.