Bundled Software Uninstaller is part of an adware installation that gets into random computer systems through free software obtained from the Internet. This program can cause browser to display various advertisements as you surf the web. Redirecting your browser to unwanted web sites is also one purpose of this adware when installed on the system.
Security experts dubbed Bundled Software Uninstaller as another notorious unwanted program. It comes along with other adware like BrowserProtect, Online Weather, and Babylon Toolbar. These programs can be loaded into the computer without your advice. They usually come packed with freeware or shareware and installed on the computer behind the scene. Other method adware authors spreads Bundled Software Uninstaller is via link through social media sites and spam email messages.
Presence of Bundled Software Uninstaller adware bothers affected browser. It affects online activities by producing numerous ads, pop-up, and browser redirect. It aims to promote products from its network of advertisers. In return, Bundled Software Uninstaller aims to generate money for its creator without taking any considerations on the trouble it brings.
We highly suggest uninstalling Bundled Software Uninstaller together with other adware that cane with it. As long as they exist on the computer, your privacy is at risks. Adware can collect sensitive data from the computer that can be used in the future attack. In addition, unwanted program can sometimes lead to identity theft that is more hurtful for the victim.
Bundled Software Uninstaller Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Bundled Software Uninstaller. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Bundled Software Uninstaller. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Bundled Software Uninstaller with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Bundled Software Uninstaller. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Bundled Software Uninstaller Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Bundled Software Uninstaller from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Bundled Software Uninstaller on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Bundled Software Uninstaller
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Bundled Software Uninstaller. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Bundled Software Uninstaller. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Bundled Software Uninstaller should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Bundled Software Uninstaller and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.