If BSG ads starts to pop-up on the computer and begins to redirect your web page to other pages, it only implies that adware is present on the system. This adware is not new to the computing world. In fact, some security program can detect is as Adware.Vasup.BSG. Unfortunately, not all antivirus accept this program in the same manner. Some protection software installed on the PC allows it to enter and was not flagged as harmful.
When BSG adware is executed, it begins to alter various settings on the computer. Its main target are prominent browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. In order for BSG adware to display ads, it must be installed as extension or add-on and run as a browser helper object. For that reason, most computer users find it hard to stop the display of ads while BSG process is running on the browser.
Effective way to remove BSG ads is to delete all add-on, extension, and plug-in on the browser. Scanning the computer with a combination of anti-virus, anti-malware, and adware remover also makes the removal fast and efficient.
Next time, avoid adware like BSG ads by keeping your browser away from unknown web sites and programs. Downloading nameless software is the main reason why many computer users are having potentially unwanted program on their PC.
How to Remove BSG Ads
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds BSG Ads and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for BSG Ads’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for BSG Ads. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all BSG Ads entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that BSG Ads have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.