BrowserSafeguard is endorsed as browser protection software. However, most computer users who have installed this program deemed it as some kind of adware or virus. It is because BrowserSafeguard may load unwanted programs into the PC including adware like Rockettab. Author behind BrowserSafeguard are using various pay-per-install schemes including those that are from Tint Installer, Fusion Install, and Optimum Installer.
You must understand that having BrowserSafeguard and such unlikely installers puts your computer at great danger. Programs bundled to BrowserSafeguard may cause severe troubles when it begins to alter settings on the browser as well as the operating system. Not to mention that the subject software may intercept your Internet traffic and redirect your browser to unknown web sites.
BrowserSafeguard is definitely not a virus. It doesn’t spread over the network or to other computer systems. The program doesn’t affect any of your files. However, in terms of installation and system modification, it may appear to some as having virus-like actions. In this case, we highly advise instant removal of BrowserSafeguard from your computer to avoid further damage.
For a complete guide in getting rid of BrowserSafeguard and other adware that it has dropped on the computer, please see the specific section below. It is vital that you scan the PC with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and other tools. Deleting BrowserSafeguard add-on or extension from browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox should also be given a priority.
BrowserSafeguard Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware on compromised Windows computers. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful for deleting pop-ups and redirects.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of adware like BrowserSafeguard through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like BrowserSafeguard, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete BrowserSafeguard adware, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Turn Off Sync on Google Chrome
1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar, please type the following: chrome://settings/syncSetup
3. On the Settings page, click the Turn off button to disable syncing Chrome settings between devices.
If you don't want to stop syncing other sections like Apps, Bookmarks, History, Theme, and so on, please click on Manage what you sync. Next, select Customize sync. To successfully remove BrowserSafeguard, you may disable only Apps and Extensions data. Please restart the Google Chrome browser.
Step 2 : Delete BrowserSafeguard or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to BrowserSafeguard. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the BrowserSafeguard Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find BrowserSafeguard or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the BrowserSafeguard Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to BrowserSafeguard and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove BrowserSafeguard from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select BrowserSafeguard or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If BrowserSafeguard is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for BrowserSafeguard from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove BrowserSafeguard automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware; it is also effective in discovering adware like BrowserSafeguard.
1. Download the Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the installation process.
3. On the first window of the installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch the Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. An internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like BrowserSafeguard.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for the presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to BrowserSafeguard and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the BrowserSafeguard adware. However, if you find that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with the AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of BrowserSafeguard on the browser that were not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for the presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produce annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer, especially browsers affected by BrowserSafeguard.
3. Browse to the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on the Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated with BrowserSafeguard. It will also check for suspicious entries in browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of the detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by BrowserSafeguard. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to their default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with BrowserSafeguard. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as BrowserSafeguard. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for BrowserSafeguard.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the BrowserSafeguard extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to BrowserSafeguard. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. BrowserSafeguard should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by BrowserSafeguard and other unknown objects.