BrowserSafeguard is endorsed as browser protection software. However, most computer users who have installed this program deemed it as some kind of adware or virus. It is because BrowserSafeguard may load unwanted programs into the PC including adware like Rockettab. Author behind BrowserSafeguard are using various pay-per-install schemes including those that are from Tint Installer, Fusion Install, and Optimum Installer.
You must understand that having BrowserSafeguard and such unlikely installers puts your computer at great danger. Programs bundled to BrowserSafeguard may cause severe troubles when it begins to alter settings on the browser as well as the operating system. Not to mention that the subject software may intercept your Internet traffic and redirect your browser to unknown web sites.
BrowserSafeguard is definitely not a virus. It doesn’t spread over the network or to other computer systems. The program doesn’t affect any of your files. However, in terms of installation and system modification, it may appear to some as having virus-like actions. In this case, we highly advise instant removal of BrowserSafeguard from your computer to avoid further damage.
For a complete guide in getting rid of BrowserSafeguard and other adware that it has dropped on the computer, please see the specific section below. It is vital that you scan the PC with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and other tools. Deleting BrowserSafeguard add-on or extension from browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox should also be given a priority.
Online Security Scanner Report for browsersafeguard.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 1.5/5.0||Dec. 26, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Dec. 26, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Dec. 26, 2015|
How to Remove BrowserSafeguard
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall BrowserSafeguard
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove BrowserSafeguard, SaferBrowser or Adknowledge entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to BrowserSafeguard. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted BrowserSafeguard from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of BrowserSafeguard on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove BrowserSafeguard
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with BrowserSafeguard. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from BrowserSafeguard. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed BrowserSafeguard extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to BrowserSafeguard.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. BrowserSafeguard should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by BrowserSafeguard and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.