Browser Bleach is a potentially unwanted program that is presently targeting Google Chrome browser. It is offered as a tool that easily cleans up the browser and privacy settings. Browser Bleach gives you homepage shortcut access to delete tracking cookies, incognito window, clear cache, and delete browsing history.
In most instances, users are not aware on the installation of Browser Bleach. It comes bundled to freeware or shareware that was downloaded from various dubious servers. Thus, be careful and take extra precaution when obtaining free software. As much as possible download your applications only from reputable websites.
Once Browser Bleach is running on the computer, it immediately changes some settings on the browser. Browser Bleach Extension integrates a bunch of features to Google Chrome. It can add toolbar, search tool, and couple of buttons and links that are attractive at first glance. Moreover, it replaces your homepage and new tab with Browser Bleach search bar. Image below shows how your modified homepage and new tab will look like.
We can assume that the main objective of Browser Bleach is to gain online revenue. The program is free and will not cost user any money in having it. However, this adware has this intention of displaying countless advertisements on the browser. Ads by Browser Bleach is the main source of profit and is highly anticipated by its developer.
In addition, authors of this PUP aim to partially control ad display onto your browser. It will monitor your search queries and websites frequently visits. As you can see, Browser Bleach is somehow a threat to your online privacy, thus, we highly suggest that you remove this thing from your browser.
Online Security Scanner Report for browserbleach.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Feb. 17, 2017|
|Suspicious||Feedback: PUP||Feb. 17, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Feb. 17, 2017|
How to Remove Browser Bleach
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Browser Bleach
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Browser Bleach or EightPoint entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Browser Bleach. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Browser Bleach from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Browser Bleach on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Browser Bleach from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Browser Bleach from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Browser Bleach by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Browser Bleach removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Browser Bleach. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Browser Bleach. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.